@BOXCAKEBLOG

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

I Made A Questionable Sandal Choice

Late last week, with birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, I bought myself a pair of black Teva Original Universal sandals. I'm at least two years late on the trend and have long been reluctant to take the plunge for some glaringly obvious reasons: Rubber flip-floppy soles. Big, chunky plastic hardware. Prominently visible logo. Fuckin' velcro. By rights, these shoes are not cute.

And yet...

Like the proverbial moth to the flame, I was drawn to them. There must be a certain number of cool-looking people you need to see donning a questionable look before the scales are tipped from seriously? to yes pls. Apparently, my personal quota was reached. I was already in the market for a comfy, utilitarian-ish sandal to replace my ultra beat-up black Birks. Plus, Tevas are half the price ;)

As I was strapping up my shoes for their maiden voyage out the house, Josh stared at them for a moment, then said, "These must be trendy. Because they are really ugly." Fair point lol.

What are your thoughts on popular-yet-unattractive footwear? (For what it's worth, you will NEVER see me in a pair of Crocs.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top