@BOXCAKEBLOG

Friday, July 3, 2020

Ready-To-Drink Spritzes


Back in April, I wrote about my new obsession with Aperol Soda -- a take on the Aperol Spritz, made with sparkling water and (in my case) a local brand of the namesake orange aperitif called Amermelade.

Not long afterward, my beloved friend Kat told me the same brand actually makes a pre-mixed canned cocktail that you can buy at the SAQ. WHAT?

Turns out, ready-to-drink Aperol-esque spritzes are a huge thing! How had I never heard of them??

  

Les Iles (great logo) and Spritzol are two more options available in Quebec. Obviously, I had to try one right away. As previously discussed, I can be devoutly brand loyal, so Amermelade was the obvious first choice.

Full disclosure: I wanted to LOVE the product. Think about all the open-bottle-of-prosecco-related headaches it could solve.

Overall, the drink was good enough. The taste is much sweeter and more syrupy than a homemade version -- it would definitely benefit from being cut with sparkling water or (better yet) prosecco. Maybe the cans didn't stay in the fridge long enough and simply needed to be colder. I should go back to the lab (read: my kitchen) and do more research lol.

This isn't a carbon copy of a true spritz, but it gets the job done.

These pre-blended fizzy cocktails absolutely save you the trouble (and funds) of mixing them yourself. If I'm meeting friends for a drink in the park, I'd grab a pack without hesitation. On the other hand, having spritzes at home, I would still spring for the real deal.

Looking forward to eventually trying out the other brands :) what are your thoughts on canned cocktails?

Image credit (top): The Great Jamaican

4 comments :

  1. I love the IDEA of premixies but I agree - always too sweet for my taste :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! But they're a great shortcut if you're missing ingredients :)

      Delete

Back to Top