@BOXCAKEBLOG

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Le Flotteur


I tried my first Flotteur (pictured above) from Noble Café last Thursday. Since then, I've had three more. That's four ice cream cocktails in one week.

I'M HOOKED.

The treat is nothing fancy. It's basically a tweaked version of caffè affogato. Instead of pouring hot espresso over a scoop of ice cream, the folks at Noble offer vanilla soft serve in a puddle of unsweetened cold brew.

And it tastes so damn good.

If you don't typically drink black coffee, have no fear! I was also concerned about their cold brew (because I'm a baby) and my first sip was definitely clouded by its strong, intense flavor. However, as your ice cream melts, it actually becomes a rich, super sweet creamer. Genius!

Essentially, we're talking about a highbrow iced capp (in a great way). A small Flotteur costs five-ish dollars and will give you a decent jolt of caffeine :)

Regarding pandemic anxiety, I feel comfortable stopping by Noble when there isn't a big crowd. The staff does a good job following health guidelines -- spacing out the line, serving behind plexiglass, wiping down the debit machine pre- and post-transaction, etc. Customers are served at the window, so you're always outside in fresh air.

Next time you're in the area and need an energy boost (or just jonesing for dessert), consider trying one of these! Maybe I'll even see you there lol.

Image credit: Better Be

2 comments :

Back to Top