@BOXCAKEBLOG

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Local List: My Favorite Pizza (Chapter Three)


It's been a while since we talked pizza!

Parvis is another fantastic option when you're stuck in central downtown. It's actually one of my go-to restaurants during Just For Laughs because the location is so convenient. There's a lot to like about this little gem -- they're a café, they serve brunch, you can grab drinks at their bar. What I love most about them is the 'za.

Full disclosure: I haven't been inside a restaurant since March, so I can't speak to pandemic dining. Judging from social media, it seems like Parvis is taking all the necessary precautions to ensure their staff and customers are safe. They didn't rush into reopening, either -- I think they took an extra week (past the citywide reopen date) to fully prepare their space. I really admire that kind of care and dedication.


The Food

The pizza is really light and flatbread-ish. I'm all about their watercress creation, which is surprising since I'm usually a strict margarita person. It's a very busy pie -- avocado, jalapeño, greens, etc -- but so, so tasty without being too overwhelming.

And yeah, their margarita is great too ;)

Parvis' salads are fresh and inventive. I suggest getting two or three to share with someone, so you can try a few.

The Drinks

Here, I pair my pizza with a blonde beer or some rosé (they normally have options by the glass).

The Vibe

The decor is stylish but still warm and casual. There's definitely a "my secret garden" vibe to the space, thanks to all those plants hanging from the ceiling. Their terrace is very cute too, with flower boxes lining the space. I particularly like the atmosphere at lunchtime -- it somehow feels laid back and upscale at the same time.


Even though you won't find me dining inside a restaurant anytime soon, I am so down for take-out from Parvis in the near future :)

Have you ever eaten here? What did you think?

Image credit (top): CN Traveler
Image credit (middle): Tripify
Image credit (bottom): Café Parvis

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top