@BOXCAKEBLOG

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Recipe Test Drive: Ricardo's Oatmeal Cookies

Look, there's no other way to say it. These are the BEST oatmeal cookies I've ever baked.

My latest baking project started the way most do: There weren't any cookies in the house and I was jonesing for one. (Actually, more like five.) After a quick google and an ingredient-based process of elimination, a winner emerged from the interminable list of options. Ricardo LarrivĂ©e is obviously a huge name in Quebec, but this was my first time making one of his recipes.

Some tweaks:

-- Used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose.

-- Added a generous amount of mini chocolate chips to the batter.

The recipe was easy to follow, everything came together quickly, and the end result was smooshy, not-too-sweet, and doughy like a regular non-oatmeal cookie. I was BLOWN AWAY. Two days later, every crumb was gone. 

These oatmeal cookies have since been added to my stash of trusted recipes. Let me know if you give them a shot :)

What are your favorite things to bake?

Image credit: Beaming Baker
Recipe credit: Ricardo Cuisine (also linked in the body of this post)

2 comments :

  1. I will be trying these the moment my man leaves the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya man!! Don't forget to throw in chocolate chips :)

      Delete

Back to Top